Coming into the neighborhood we saw the back of the house first. I thought "Wow! They've got siding on the back!" Then we drove to the house and saw that brick is nearly completely. Unfortunately, it's bricked in the completely wrong color. When we originally went through the color selections, we very quickly ruled out dark brick colors. The color that we chose is Sugar Creek. It's a buff shade of brick.
We texted the PM, of course he first assumes that maybe it's a different shade of the correct brick. I get that; I'm sure that happens a lot. The brick color can change a bit because of materials, fire processes, whatever. This brick is actually called Allendale. To make matters worse, the houses on either side of us are red brick houses. We believe there is something in the HOA that says you can't have similar brick side by side and this one might actually match the house to the West of us.
In less than an hour, the PM advised that the brick was shipped wrong from the supplier, something that's never happened as long as he's worked with this supplier. The right brick will be shipped and it will be corrected. I'm happy about this; we really did not want the red brick. That would have been a MAJOR problem. I feel bad that the brick is so far complete and they are just going to tear it down. It feels so wasteful. I hope it doesn't slow them down at all. I imagine it will a bit. :(
In good news, the drywall is mostly complete. They were out mudding the joints while we were there. Again, I was surprised they were working on a Saturday.
I didn't take a lot of pictures of the drywall. The top picture is the kitchen pantry and the bottom is the dining room. Cool stuff. Glad this is coming along nicely.