Saturday, November 30, 2013

Appliances

Ok, so bear with me on this one.  I know I said this blog was to keep everyone in the know about our building process.  As I've started this and included links for stuff, I realized it's also a great way for me to keep organized and save links to the products we are getting.  While I'm sure some of you will be thrilled to know the details of our appliances, some of you will be yawning.  I get it.  Feel free to skip this post.  

I wish we had the option of not including any appliances in the building process and instead purchasing them later, but alas, that is not an option.  I guess it's something to do with the mortgage process/approval.  So, we chose the one level upgrade on the appliances in black.  This includes a stove, dishwasher and microwave.  

First the stove:




We could have run a gas line for a gas stove.  I used to have a gas stove growing up and they're great, don't get me wrong.  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE how easy it is to clean a flat top stove.  I've had two in the 12 years we've owned our house and I can't imagine going to anything else.  I would kind of like a double door option that allows you to cook two things at different temperatures, but maybe the next stove.  This one does have some nice features though. First, it's self cleaning.  A must have in my mind.  Second, it's hard to see in the picture but it has a warming unit.  Maybe useless, we'll have to wait and see.  Third, it has two heating elements which appear to be controlled in a way to allow you to cook two things in the oven with even heat.  Something I never have quite figured out in my current oven. And finally, it has a delay start.  This is a feature I've wanted on a stove so I'm pretty stoked it has that.  

Second the dishwasher:


Nothing terribly fancy here.  I read some of the reviews on this dishwasher and it seems ok.  For me the most important part of a dishwasher (other than actually making sure the dishes get clean) is how quiet it is.  The reviews seem to indicate it's a pretty quiet dishwasher.  The overall negative aspect of the dishwasher is that the dry setting doesn't actually dry the dishes.  I can live with this.  My current dish washer seems to be drying my dishes a bit less lately and it's only a minor inconvenience.  The pictures of the silverware container look a bit weird.  We'll have to wait and see on that one.  

Finally, the microwave:


I don't think I'm too picky about microwaves.  I really like having a +30 seconds button and a soften button for butter.  I've got to have a light above the stove for cooking.  No microwave really gives me the light I desire, but I've learned to deal with it.  A microwave we used to have had sensor cooking which was cool.  This one might have it, I can't tell yet.  

We will still have to buy a refrigerator and washer/dryer.  We'll wait closer to closing to get those and have those delivered.  



No comments:

Post a Comment