Thursday, February 13, 2014
Brrrr has turned into Grrrrrr
Earlier this week our PM emailed us and said that it might be warm enough by the end of the week to pour the foundation for the basement and garage. We were pretty stoked because we thought maybe they could start framing next week. I drove by today and nothing was going on, so I decided to stop in and check with the SR because I hadn't heard any updates. She called the PM and found out that they probed the ground yesterday and the ground is frozen 3-4" down. They are trying to find a heater/tent doohickey to heat the ground up enough to pour. It appears that we probably won't get foundation poured until the first of next week. It doesn't matter much anyway, because our lumber won't be delivered until a week from Monday. At this rate I can't imagine the house will be ready before mid May. We really, really, really want to be moved in before Memorial Day. This seemed like no problem when our original completion date was April 4th. If we have any more delays, it's going to be really hard to do. I understand that the weather is out of anyone's control and it's been a very unusual winter, but it's hard not to start feeling disappointed at this point. I'm hopeful they'll be able to make some time up through the rest of the process.