Thursday, February 20, 2014

Solid Foundation

Temperatures have finally broke a bit in the area.  You wouldn't know it by the massive amounts of snow that still cover the ground, but they have. It's finally warmed up enough that the air doesn't hurt your face when you walk outside, that it doesn't take your breath away.  This means that we finally have foundation.  

Main view of the floor in the basement.

This is a close up of the plumbing for the half bath.  I think.

This might be the rough in for the wet bar.  It also might be the sump pump.  My husband said he heard a sump pump running while he was there.  I guess I should be glad they have that hooked up already with all this snow melting!

Here's my almost 5 year old happy to be running around in the gravel of the garage.


We are told that our lumber should be delivered on Monday.  (Fingers crossed, toes crossed!) From what I've read from other blogs, the framing part goes pretty fast.  I'll probably try to make it out there every day next week so I don't miss anything exciting.  The garage slab isn't going to be poured yet. Not sure when that will be but my husband says they can frame without it. He's actually happy they aren't doing it yet, he would prefer they let it warm up a bit more before they do it.  Here's hoping we are completely over the weather delays!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment