Monday, April 7, 2014

Lights, Camera, Action!

My husband hadn't been to the house in a couple of weeks, so we went to check it out again on Saturday.  We don't live very far, so it's easy for us to go whenever we want. We were able to meet the entire family that lives next door so that was awesome.  Our boys are 9 and 5.  Their boys are 9, 5 and 3; it's perfect.  They seem so nice and I can't wait to move in and meet the rest of the neighbors, there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood and I hope that my sons make some good friends this summer.  

The new development for Friday was that they light fixtures are up and working. Yay!  So, it's much easier to see in the master bathroom and closets. 

Breakfast nook light

Guest bathroom light

Dining room light

As you can probably see from the pictures, they have started to tape the walls for the imperfections that need to be fixed. There are a few places that the trim is shimmed because of bowing in the walls.  I'm not concerned about it at this point, I'm sure they'll make it right.  

This morning I have spent about 3 hours on the phone setting up various utilities to be switched to our name after we close.  So far I've set up Gas, Electric, Cable & Internet.  I've also set our mail to begin forwarding that week.  I still have to send an application over to the water company and contact the city for our trash and sewer.  They don't seem to want to answer the phones today.  I am itching to start packing, but we have another open house set up on our current home for next Sunday, so I know I need to keep the house as pretty as possible until then.  After that, all bets are off, then I really start packing stuff up!!! My husband left a message with the mortgage guys today to lock in our mortgage rate. We close three weeks from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment