Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Lucky 13, Part 4

Twelve days left until closing!  Time for one of the things I look forward to in the new house.


Dining room 

I know a lot of people that don't use their dining room, but I think we will. I can't wait to get our large dining table that everyone can sit at easily when we host for the holidays or when we have friends over for cards. I have an older set of family china that has been in my attic since it was given to me.  I haven't decided if we'll use it yet, but at least I'll have a place to put it - in the buffet in the dining room.  I will also be putting my husband's family silver in there.  


Above is a picture of our current dining area, which is in the kitchen.  It's nice because it's all together and open, but it's just not big enough for when we host.



Here is an example of a dining room from Ryan's website.  I think we'll orient the table in the opposite direction, but you get the idea.  We'll also have stools at the island, so I imagine the kids will eat their breakfast there. Below are the pictures of the dining room set that we ordered, which I'm pretty excited about.

Owingsville Dining Set from Ashley furniture

Owingsville dining room server - Ashley Furniture

In other news, our driveway and porch are being poured today.  The granite has been confirmed for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment